Thursday, August 22, 2013

Sandy Springs Dentist: Don’t ignore the signs of unhealthy gums

The periodontist specializes in the health of your gums.  While it may not appear important, healthy gums play a very important role in the lives of healthy teeth.  Without healthy gums you can have major issues with your teeth, ergo the periodontist.

One of the things that a periodontist treats is soreness of the gums.  There are some whose soreness is so painful that it prevents eating. This can cause major health issues, because you aren’t getting the nutrients your metabolism needs by missing meals.  Also quite common at one point in time is bleeding while brushing your teeth.  This could be the result of gingivitis, brushing too hard or other underlying issues.

Periodontists are specially trained in the diagnosis and treatment of your potential periodontal disease.  Their training looks past what is seen on the surface to the issues that are potentially dangerous.  In other words, they can look past the fact that your gums are bleeding or sore and use their expertise and instruments to find the problem.  Without the proper diagnosis or treatment, periodontal disease usually results in the loss of teeth.

Don’t ignore the signs of unhealthy gums. Our in-house periodontist can help treat or prevent any problems you may have.  We invite you to visit http://www.rightsmilecenter.com for a proven reliable oral healthcare provider.

Novy Scheinfeld, DDS, PC
290 Carpenter Drive, 200A
Atlanta (Sandy Springs), GA 30328
404-256-3620

Related articles

3 comments:


  1. Dentists in Cancun bring you the best dental care in Mexico.We are here to serve
    you with high quality dental solution for all your needs,ranging from simple
    toothache to implants or full mouth rehabilitation,we can help you at a fraction
    of the US price.

    dentist Puerto Vallarta
    Puerto Vallarta dentist

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get my teeth cleaned and my previous dentist passed last year. Who knows a great practice that is accepting new patients in Colorado Springs?
    bryanflake1984|www.guerradental.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was missing my natural smile that is hampered by cavity; I forgot to eat fruits like apple, though I like them very much. In front of my friends I usually had to stop talking as I felt ashamed to show my teeth, but not I have my confidence back with the help of Smile Tijuana that
    is the best dentists in tijuana.

    ReplyDelete

We hope you find something useful in our blog. But if not, email us and maybe we can answer your questions.